Sunday, March 9, 2014

Narmada Gobin, entry #5

I am kind of excited for our upcoming essay. For one, we will be talking about ourselves. I don't think anyone knows us better than we do. It's interesting to think that we will be relating ourselves to nature. In a way I can see how it is possible but in a way, it sounds pretty hard. Like I've said in a previous post, this class really makes you think about the world and your surrounding environment. I feel like being able to live in New York City and have a roof over your head is such a priviledge. There's so many kids out there drinking dirty water and sleeping on floors filled with rocks. It's a harsh reality that we don't really want to think about. I know for sure I don't like thinking about it. I know I don't take any thing that I possess for granted. I may not be the richest person out there but I make sure that I try my best to help those in need. If I could go to developing countries overseas and help those children I would not even have to think twice. The harsh conditions that they face everyday seems so unreal. You couldn't think that people were capable of living like that. It's not even only kids that are living like that but adults as well. There's a different part of this world that we don't see everyday. Respecting and learning about different environments and appreciating what we have is something people should learn. We should't take our environment for granted. We should accept that we are living a rich lifestyle compared to many others.

No comments:

Post a Comment