Monday, March 3, 2014

Melissa Leggard number 3


The Only One That Knows Your Heart

It would be the perfect day if I could figure you out.

The amazing memories we shared are too numerous to count.

The kisses on my forehead

The laughs

Fights

Hugs

Or the promise wrapped in red.

You’re shy, outgoing and comical wrapped in one.

Jerk

Baby

Are names that stung

Good context or bad

Names that shone on my darkest days; somewhat of a dad

Caretaker

Lover

Fighter

Things you both shared.

The only difference was you actually care

I need you present not just for now

But when we're old and never questioned how

How we got here?

How we lasted?

Are things I never heard you say

But instead mom did

I wish she had someone like you

To love and cherish and hold

To grow old

You’re the best gift god gave me

And that promise tied in red will surely keep

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment