Thursday, March 6, 2014

Gabriella Grimes Entry #2

Over the past couple of weeks I've realized that although I would love to be one of those people who loves nature in every way and would be able to survive without technology or any of the items the modern human in America owns today, I am just not one of those people. I want to save trees, but I can't help but to write down assignments on random scraps of paper. And forget about using one piece of paper; I go through about ten pages of paper per week just writing down assignments I shouldn't forget as well as a bunch of other things which I forget anyway. I want to say I care about what I'm doing to the Earth and how I'm affecting it as an individual, but I have my moments. I'll scold people for littering or not recycling properly as I claim over and over again that I was born on Earth Day so I have a responsibility to help Mother Nature out, but then when nobody's looking I'll put a soda bottle in the regular garbage. I'll throw a gum wrapper on the sidewalk; I'll leave the water running and buy fruits and vegetables that are definitely not organic. I would really like to tell people truthfully that I always try to take care of the Earth but it wouldn't be factual. I don't think any human can really say that they haven't disturbed nature in any way. Is that horrible? I don't think so. Someone can't live without using the resources around them. Man will always do things to harm nature but we can also do things to help. So maybe instead of telling people to stop destroying the Earth by disposing cigarette ashes on the street, I should mind my own business and stop leaving the water on in the bathroom.

I'm sorry this made little sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment