Sunday, March 2, 2014

KayJoon Post #4


My parents have always been very generous when it comes to guests, visitors and anyone who may need a place to stay. I have a big family, therefore we have a pretty big house (for Queens at least) and it’s open to just about everyone and anyone. Our latest tenants being cats. My parents have been feeding the neighborhood cats for a while and there was only so much time until they were welcome inside. The problem is, we already have a cat (a very disagreeable one, who fights all the strays that come through). Point of all of this is that this has led me to do TONS of research on non-euthanizing animal shelters in the area. To my surprise, there were very few. So I visited the one closest to me and it turns out they don’t take strays! I’m extremely frustrated, not with the shelters, but with humanity. I’m also very embarrassed, and guilty, of being part of a world that just doesn’t care. I’m pretty sure animals’ lives are meant to be enjoyed and carefree, but for some reason they cause us stress and lots of trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment