Sunday, March 23, 2014

Gabriella Grimes Entry #6

Spring!
I thought it would never come and I'm horribly relieved. After four months of it being colder than normal, I feel excited. It might rain a lot, but I'd rather it rain and be warm than have no chance of rain but 20° weather. The absolute best part of Spring has to be the fact that as I look out the window right now, there is still sunlight. Going outside is no longer a chore because the rays from the sun feel like one thousand kisses from god himself.
The change in weather is yielding an overall better mood from most people i know as well. Even the most devoted winter lovers have been awaiting this 50° weather. Fifty degrees doesn't even sound that warm but compared to what new york has faced recently, we may as well be in a tropical paradise. If I didn't wait until the last second to do homework, I would definitely have taken a walk to central park and written bad poetry about the trees beginning to show their flowers once more.
I think I can settle for the courtyard in front of my building where I can write about that one tree standing on its lonesome in the middle of 104th street. People dump garbage on it all the time, but for the past two years, I've still seen it grow and thrive. Go nature. (Whoo!)

No comments:

Post a Comment