Sunday, March 2, 2014

Laura Mulhearn #4

Star light, star bright

The coldness of this winter has chilled me to the bone. I watched a movie today with someone that I know from long ago. Her name has changed to be an alias. This is so strange.She carreid over her life so fast.
She worked on a ship and now she is in a movie. How could she be so lucky? I have only dreamt of being in the movies and nothing has ever worked out for me. I guess I could be jealous or I just don't know how she transitioned so fast. It's been years and I have never made anything in film that I have wished. Sometimes in life there is a gold star for a do gooder and a gold star for a walk of  famer. The only stars I tend to see are in the sky.
I read the poem Star by W.S.Merwin and it seems that the star he writes about is an Ape. Go figure.

"Star light, star bright,
The first star I see tonight;
I wish I may, I wish I might,
Have the wish I wish tonight.[1"  - IT'S AN APE!!!

Footnote1English language nursery rhyme. It has a Roud Folk Song Index number of 16339.

No comments:

Post a Comment