Friday, May 2, 2014

KayJoon #7


This spring break I did a West Coast trip and got finally enjoy the great outdoors after being trapped inside for months from this past winter in New York. One of the first stops I took was in the Muir Woods in Northern California. This park is home to the “sequoioideae” trees, more commonly known as redwoods, and is of the largest and tallest trees in the world. Whether I was walking among the trees, or if I was at the lookout point above all the trees, I could feel their presence. Stepping onto the trailhead, the trees made sure you knew you were there. From the fresh smell of bark to the temperature drop from the shade, I was there. I felt small, but also like I was of the earth and these trees were just an extension of me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment