Thursday, May 1, 2014

Gabriella Grimes Entry #12

I'm really certain that in a matter of twenty-four hours, we went from Fall to Summer and it's terrifying. I didn't sign up for this and I'm not prepared for it. Despite the overwhelming sunlight, bees, heat, and stench of weed on the sky terrace, I'm very happy the class had the opportunity to go outside. I have to admit, I wasn't crazy about the idea at first, but it was pretty great having class outside again. I just feel like I get a different vibe from everyone when we're outside vs. inside. It still remains horribly weird to me that in one school, people can be different depending on where they're located on the grounds. I would have preferred had the sun not been blinding me as we talked about Dickinson's poems, but we can't have everything we want in this world. One thing that's for certain is that this summer will be an absolute scorcher and I think I may very well move to Alaska for three months. It'll be bad here,  but at least most of us will be somewhat used to it. I feel bad for friends I have in the U.K., especially England. Last Summer was horrible for them because the weather there had never been so hot; hopefully it won't be as bad this year, but this crazy weather isn't proving great for anyone.

As a side note, while we were outside for class, I couldn't help but to miss the A.C. inside of the school, and I remembered an episode of Ed, Edd n Eddy when the Eds decided to make everyone believe it was Fall by placing air conditioners around the cul-de-sac attached to very long extension chords and I can only hope that's possible in the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment