Friday, April 25, 2014

Paul Hunter Zaid #10

Spring Break 2014

     Most people venture off to an exotic locale with beaches, sunshine, and fun in the sun, however, I chose to visit my family back in rural Minnesota. Some of my classmates may or may not have heard me say that I grew up in Redwood Falls, MN-population just shy of 5,000. I grew up on a farm 9 miles north of Redwood Falls located in the lower southwestern part of the state. Growing up in a rural setting had it's pros and cons, but none of which I would trade for anything. Going back to visit my hometown, family, and friends brought back great memories...it reminded me of what's important and who I am. I chose to do a picture blog to show everyone exactly where I came from in hopes that my classmates in New York City may get a glimpse of the country that they may otherwise never get to experience with their own eyes. Also, it's my hope to give you all just a tiny glimpse of the beauty and remoteness of living in rural Minnesota that has shaped me into the person I am.

Baa from Minnesota:) 
                                                                           

Driveway to my parent's home that I used to walk to catch the school bus.

The home where I grew up and where my father grew up.
  

The Barn where I remember playing in the hayloft, Yes, I really did that!     


Like true Minnesota fashion it snowed 3 inches April 15th!





I was just loving the sky this day. 




I literally grew up surrounded by crop fields.

  
That's alot of country!

No comments:

Post a Comment