Tuesday, April 8, 2014

KayJoon # 5


Today (Saturday) I went for a hike. The weather was in my favor and I was visiting a friend away from the city anyway so I thought why not do a little exploring. I went to the Stateline lookout point in New Jersey, and in the photo I took; I’m looking back out at New York. It was a magnificent view-for the most part. I don’t want to take away from the day I was grateful to have, but let’s notice a few things in this photo. First, the color of the water. This is the Hudson River and what I know it as is brown murky-ness, while there’s a bit of a blue reflection from the sky, this water is no where near as vibrant as it could be. As I ventured out on one of the trails, I got bored, so I wondered a little off trail and closer to the ridge. I was excited and felt special that no one else would be around, but of course, someone had been there before, and they left their markings behind in articles of trash. I started to pick it up along the way and wished I had brought a few garbage bags and volunteers with me to do a cleanup. Seeing effects that were long put in to place before I got there wasn’t the greatest, but at the same time, I’m only one person-how much could I really do at this point?

No comments:

Post a Comment