Friday, February 7, 2014

Paul Hunter Zaid #1

     Reading of Charles Darwin and his voyage to South America, and in particular to the Galapagos Islands has me thirsty for excitement and warmth during these present weeks and months of hibernation. Reading Darwin's experiences and observations while mapping the South American coastline has me thinking deeply of spring and the pleasantries of the blooming springtime vegetation. The dive into the environment and nature during our class discussions has me asking myself "Do I belong in the concrete jungle of NYC? Or do I actually belong in an actual green jungle? I'm lost daydreaming of sandy beaches, palm trees, and seeing the beauty of nature surrounding me...

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man"
 -Charles Darwin 

No comments:

Post a Comment