Sunday, February 16, 2014

Narmada Gobin, Entry #2

We haven't had an assigned reading for a while since we have been working on our essays. I thought the readings that we had to do a close analyis on were pretty cool. For starters I choose the piece on David Quammen about Animal Rights. It made me do a lot of thinking about whether or not it was actually okay to kill these animal for the purpose of eating. I mean the animals are being put into these horrific places to be killed and eventually distributed for sale. I feel like if I stop eating mean, I am one person and what difference will it make to the meat industry. It would be even harder to stop those around us that are eating it too. Another thing that comes to my mind is whether or not there animals have a specific purpose  and is there lives even worth it. It's so hard to think about because we want to do something but it really does seem impossible. At the end of the day though, I feel as though they do have feelings and they can feel death so why should they have such horrific fates. For the essay I feel like I tried my best to fight my cause that animals should have rights. It's a more serious matter that what my paper says and hopefully we will have a better way for people to find protein that takes the place of animal meat. Animal cruelty should be stopped and pepople should really realize that animals do have feelings and may even serve a purpose for us. Killing them everyday by the thousands and millions just seems so wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment