Monday, February 17, 2014

KayJoon, 2

I’m really into TED talks and the other day this one really jumped out at me and I had to watch. If you don’t have the time to watch, allow me to summarize. In this talk Juan Enriquez goes back in time to briefly describe human evolution and the paces in which transformation has occurred and how we’re still evolving today. I somehow left this talk with more questions than answer such as, what IF our kids and grandkids are a different species?! Until I watched this talk I had no idea that there was more than one species of human beings roaming the earth at a time, and how people that we may see as “mutated” are actually the future of our species. It also brings to question how much of this never ending evolution is from the way our planet stands, environmentally, and the effect it has on us based on the way we treat it.  It’s evident that there is probably no capacity limit or “full” potential to be reached because the possibilities for our species have been endless so far; which feels good because then everything really is possible, but of course change is scary especially when you don’t know when it’s going to happen and even more importantly, WHY?


No comments:

Post a Comment