Thursday, February 20, 2014

Paul Hunter Zaid #3

   As I was riding the subway home today after class I started to think about possible blog entry ideas. I stared out into the black abyss of the subway tunnel going past me and I thought about nature and what we had covered in class today-constructive criticism. I began to ask myself how these two can relate to each other in any capacity. Upon arriving at home and beginning to think about it in front of a blank screen what came to mind is how we as humans have all these thoughts, feelings, and opinions regarding anything and everything on our planet, yet what would nature/environment have to say to us about our actions? It may sound rather "hippie" and as a form of extreme "green" thinking, but I really began to wonder how I as an individual would be criticized by the environment for my impact and my footprint left on our planet? Would animals and creatures tear me to pieces and devour my flesh as I have done so to them? Would the Earth rattle and shake to rid the planet of the evil parasite of the human race? Or would I be surprised by the compassion and humility of all the creatures and natural wonders of this planet towards humanity? I will never know the answer, yet, this thought has me thinking more and more of my view and my impact to this planet. This posting may be viewed as totally random and irrelevant, however, our class discussions and focus on nature and the environment has me more conscious of my environmental actions-Thank you! It's my hope that the oysters don't eat me in my dreams tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment