Sunday, February 9, 2014

Laura Mulhearn #1



The Environment
  by Laura Mulhearn

From the winter in the spring time to
the summer in the winter
I breathe in the clean air of dust
I stand there and all I see is fog

Reaching through the calamity
I touch upon a subtle quagmire
Where the birds once flew
and there was such a thing as morning dew

MIHI CURA FUTURI
The care of the future is mine
MIHI CURI FUTURI
My concern is for the future

May the winds cease tearing
apart the towns
May the water be water
and not fire
May the deceased become well
May the weak become strong

Farewell  to the country mouse
Live in good health and wealth
I exhale the cold crisp winter air of calm
I have sit on one's hands no more

This poem is dedicated to my best friend Aesop









No comments:

Post a Comment