Sunday, February 9, 2014

Narmada Gobin, Entry 1

We read some interesting passages this week. I enjoyed the class discussions as well because I never thought that I would be thinking about our environment so much. Especially the excerpt from David Quammen about animal rights. I didn't think about animals having rights ever in my life. I feel like just because they can't communicate with us, that doesn't mean we should be slaughtering them left and right. It doesn't seem fair to me but like I wrote in my essay I am only one person for them and, it will make no difference if my choice is to stop eating meat. I wish people could see the big picture and at least a little can be done about the position. Sometimes you sit back and think how many people are fighting for a good cause yet nothing gets done for it. I can imagine just how frustrating that is for them.   I knew about Charles Darwin through high school when we learned about Evolution. I never knew that he went around the world and traveled for so long. He actually took his time to understand different creatures of the world and then he came to his conclusion of human beings or organisms evolving over time. I have a very Christain background and it is very hard for me to believe the theory of evolution but it is always in the back of my mind because it can be true. I take it into consideration even though I have my own faith. It's a theory that hasn't been proven so I feel at the end of the day people can believe in what they want.

No comments:

Post a Comment